Job Title: Planned Maintenance Technician (PM)
Department: Planned Maintenance
Reports To: Lead Service Account Manager (Planned Maintenance Lead Technician)
Location: Tampa, Orlando, and/or Jacksonville
This position is responsible for providing world-class customer service while executing planned maintenance activities of commercial food equipment and appliances, HVAC systems and refrigeration equipment. This is a non-supervisory position and reports to the PM Field Manager.
The ideal candidate is someone new to the trade and wants to learn. This position allows for opportunity to transition into a Service Technician to further their career.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Includes the following but other duties may be assigned.)
- Coordinate with PM Field Manager to assure consistency in our service strategy and execution.
- Performs planned maintenance of HVAC systems and components.
- Performs planned maintenance of commercial kitchen equipment (refrigeration, cooking equipment, beverage equipment, ice machines, ventilation hoods, etc.) in compliance with applicable codes and Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA)
- Keeps proper record of activities, identifies problems and defects, collects data, establishes facts, and enters accurate information into tablet
- Communicates effectively with dispatcher and customer.
- Follows safe work practices/accident prevention procedures using risk management
- Maintains a neat and orderly truck and performs part and tool inventories.
- Ability to work with little direct supervision with accuracy.
- Conduct yourself in accordance with the Company Code of Ethics Policy at all times.
- Other duties and activities as deemed necessary by leadership
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be highly safety conscious and implement risk management skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have a customer-focused attitude, with a high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to analyze, retain and solve problems.
- Proven ability to handle inventory needs.
- Must have effective communication skills.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to adapt with frequent change, delay, or unexpected events.
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances, and traditional commercial kitchen and HVAC devices.
- Knowledge or experience of on computer systems and tablets.
- Basic understanding of electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, ice machines, and commercial kitchen equipment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED.
- Vocational or technical school HVAC Certification preferred. Individuals nearing graduation are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Any education/experience in food service equipment repair or related area is a plus
- Knowledge or experience of on computer systems and tablets or a strong desire and willingness to learn/study quickly
- A strong mechanical aptitude with hands on experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- EPA Type I & Type II is a plus
- Competitive, comprehensive benefits
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- PTO and Sick Days
- Quarterly bonus based on performance
- Techs provided with vehicle, tablet, phone allowance and specialized tools
- Unsurpassed company culture
- Opportunities to grow (through training and career mapping)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), it is the policy of CSC to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc., as well as exposed weather conditions.
- Job frequently requires standing, walking, driving, reaching, climbing, or balancing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
- Job occasionally requires and lifting more than 70 pounds.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
- Day Shift
- Monday – Friday
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and overnight